-Okay, tell me six words we can use to describe different forces.
-Do you think that conditions are harder for people living in hot deserts or people living in cold deserts?
- Write down as many facts as you can about water.
Eliciting is important because:
- it involves learners in the topic
- it allows learners to connect the topic of the lesson to what they already know
- it gives learners opportunities for language practice
- it can stimulate higher order thinking skills and creative thinking
- it allows teachers to find out what learners know so that they can build on it